In the final week of our project, we began putting together all the pieces of what we had worked on.

I had to redo most of the Bluetooth code I had written to match a different Arduino data format that I hadn’t anticipated, but eventually I got it working. We started filling up our balloons with helium, and we improved the seal to last longer with a 3d printed clamp. It was difficult to fit all of the Arduino wiring into the basket, but eventually we got it working. Even on battery power, it was a lot louder than I thought it would be, and we had to hold down the center of the balloon. I was a little disappointed we couldn’t fly it as long or as independently as I had hoped because of some problems adjusting the power to the motors, but overall, I really enjoyed this program because of everything I learned and all the opportunities to experiment.